Do you love sewing or doing DIY projects, connecting with amazing people and sharing all about new patterns and techniques you've discovered? Then we're looking for YOU! UpCraft Club is growing like crazy and we are excited to announce several opportunities for fun and crafty people (like you). These are all paid contractor positions and perfect for someone motivated to help build something great. Interested? Read on for details and click on the position title to apply!
- Community Connector: Love social media? Have a knack for engaging with others on instagram, facebook, and finding awesome pins to post on pinterest? We want to work with you! The Community Connector will be in charge of building the social media calendar, brainstorming fun ideas and contests, and connecting with your soon-to-be-new-friends. You will be paid a fixed amount monthly plus get great bonuses along the way.
- Content Creation/Pattern Hackers: This is a dream job for you if you love discovering new content online and sharing it with others or if you want to sew and share your creations. We are looking for several people to join the team who can write content for the UpCraft Club blog, e-newsletter, and for our magazine partners (woohoo - you can be published in some fantastic places!!). You will be given free patterns to sew and then you'll write about what you made and show it off! Great photography and styling is important! You'll be paid for each post you create and if you include a tutorial or fun pattern hack, you'll make even more! A few other ideas of what you could write about: new fabric patterns and up-and-coming fabric designers, techniques you've learned about, interview new pattern designers, even share round-ups or a favorite recipe or non-sewing crafty DIY, etc. Use your imagination and go for it!
- Affiliates: Okay, so this isn't a 'position' necessarily...but if you have a blog or online presence we'd love to have you join the affiliate team. You'll be paid per lead and get bonus payments for any sale made through your links. Affiliates are invitation-only so please apply here and we'll send you more information.
- Brand Partnerships Manager: Do you love working with bloggers, fabric stores, magazine publishers, sewing machine companies, notions businesses and keeping an eye out for cool new products? The Brand Partnerships Manager will work with our existing sewing business relationships and create new relationships with companies and bloggers who have their own lifestyle brands. You'll coordinate prizes for giveaways, brainstorm ways we can highlight our favorite brands, and be the champion for blog tours from time-to-time.
- Coders: positions filled
- Pattern Quality Assurance: positions filled
- Pattern Maker: position filled
Is there room for growth with UpCraft Club?
Absolutely! Each of these positions will be set up as a contractor for now but some very exciting things are happening and our patent-pending technology is about to revolutionize the way people find digital patterns! It's an extremely exciting time to join this startup and the sky's the limit. You can carve a great niche for yourself within the company and we sincerely hope that many of these contract positions will grow into full time opportunities.
What are the time commitments?
All of these positions are home-based...meaning your home. You can work in your pjs at 11 am or be working while sitting in the carpool lane waiting for kids after school and that's great with us! You'll have deadlines to meet and so how you want to structure your time is entirely up to you as long as you meet the deadlines. To start, we're asking for a 6 month commitment to working with UpCraft Club so we can both get a good feel for how things go. We're happy to adjust as we go along to make our team great!
How do I apply?
Yippee! We're so excited that you want to apply and we can't wait to 'meet' you through your application. Each of the positions listed above have their own application so click on the title you're interested in and fill it out. Interested in more than one? Go for it! Just apply for each.
Have more questions?
Comment below or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.