Written by Gergana of Lissana's Fairy Land
This is the second part of my DIY Chritsmas decoration (check out the yarn ornament post here). It is done in no time and can be hung on the Christmas tree or even put on the top (as I did).
- Remnants of bulky yarn in different colors
- Crochet hook 6 mm
- A marker
- 5 safety pins or blocking pins
1. Make a magic loop.
2. Ch 3. Put a marker in the last st. Make 9 hdc in the loop. Sl st in the st with the marker.
3. Sc in the same place as the sl st.
4. In the next st – *hdc, dc, ch1, dc, hdc; sc in the next st*. Repeat ** 4 times. In the last st left make once more hdc, dc, ch1, dc, hdc; sl st in the first sc of the round.
5. Cut the treath. Tighten the magic loop and weave in the ends.
6. Wet the star and squeeze the excess water carefully. Stretch out on flat surface, fix with pins and let it dry completely.
7. Make a bunch in other colors. I used the same colors as for the yarn ornaments so they go pretty well together.
8. Attach a thread to each star and decorate the tree!
My go-to natural decor is super quick to make. Come back for more soon!
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
hdc – half double crochet
sc – single crochet
sl st – slip stitch