Elskan Dress & Top
Brand Charlotte Kan
You can sew this batwing pattern as a dress or a top and it has two sleeve options; short and long. The long sleeve version will be a stylish addition to your wardrobe for the colder months of the year. It's loosely draped on top, but the long sleeves are fitted and the dress has a fitted bottom with negative ease. Fabrics with 50% stretch work best for this pattern.
Sizes 0 - 2 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10 - 12 - 16
DIFFICULTY: IntermediatePATTERN FEATURES
- Seam allowance is included
- Layered sizes, print only the size you need
- Lengthen / shorten lines
- Clear and easy to follow instructions
- Copyshop File included
Use stretch knit fabrics with good recovery and at least 50% crosswise stretch. I recommend at least 5% spandex.
You want to avoid rib knits and interlock-knit fabrics since the ends do not roll as single jersey does. Single jersey is basically what most T-shirts are made off. The edge of the jersey will naturally curl to the right side of the fabric, this feature is used when finishing the neckline. The inside of the fabric will be visible at the neckline.
You can use cotton spandex (lycra, elastane), rayon (viscose, modal, lyocell) spandex or other blends with spandex. Light or midweight fabrics give best result.
TOP Sizes 8 - 16 > 220 cm / 2 3/8 yrds
Sizes 0 - 6 > 150 cm / 1 2/3 yrds
Sizes 8 - 16 > 240 cm / 2 2/3 yrds
Sizes 0 - 6 > 170 / 1 7/8 yrds
- Top stitching
- Sewing on stretch binding
- Serger and/or sewing machine
- Cover lock (optional)
- Jersey or Stretch needle for a sewing machine
- Twin needle for sewing machine (optional)
- Iron & ironing board
- Measuring tape
- Fabric scissors
- Tailor's chalk
ZIP FILE INCLUDES FOLLOWING PDF FILES
- Instruction booklet - 12 pages
- Print at home pattern 44 pages total suitable for A4 and Letter (18 pages for the top / 22 pages for the dress / 4 pages for the sleeves)
- Copyshop 36" (91,4cm x 220cm / 36"X 86 1/2") - 1 Page