Alice Pleated Dress
Brand Bella Sunshine Designs
If you’ve been in search of the perfect vintage dress for little girls, you may have just found it! Alice is slightly old-fashioned yet super sophisticated. The collar with optional bias trim detail gives a sweetness to the dress. The fully lined pleated skirt makes the dress flare nicely making for a beautiful silhouette. The fully lined cap sleeve is not only a breeze to sew, but hugs the shoulder perfectly. This dress is very fitted with an invisible zipper in the back which makes for nice, clean lines as well as easy on and off.
Sewing Level: Intermediate
Sizes: 6 Months to Girls 12
The following materials are required:
- Medium Weight Woven Fabric for both Main and Lining – Suggested fabrics include: quilting cottons, cotton poplins, batistes and jacquards to name a few.
- Lightweight Woven Fusible Interfacing
- 9” Invisible Zipper (Sizes 6M to Girls 2 Only)
- 14” Invisible Zipper (Sizes Girls 3 to Girls 12 Only)
- 1/2” Double Fold Bias Tape (For optional collar detail and optional belt)
- 1/2” Elastic or Belt Slider (For optional belt)
The following tools are recommended:
- Concealed Zipper Foot
- Blind Hemming Foot
- Tailor’s Chalk or Fabric Pen