Brand Itch to Stitch
Is it possible to have comfort and style at the same time? With the Arenal Top, the answer is a resounding yes! Featuring a curved V neck and front yoke, the Arenal Top is a knit top fitted on the shoulders and arms with two bodices and hem options. You can venture into the swing bodice with a subtle handkerchief hem, or stay with the fitted bodice and the regular hem. Better yet, why not make one of each? The Arenal Top also comes in long and 3/4-length sleeves!
Arenal Top Features:
- Curved V neck and a narrow neck band for a feminine touch
- Front yoke for color blocking opportunity
- Options of a swing bodice with subtle handkerchief high-low hem and a fitted bodice with regular hem
- Options of long and 3/4-length sleeves
- Layers feature (print only the sizes you need)
Skill Level: Beginner+
Sizes: 00 – 20 (See “Size Chart” tab below for detailed measurements)
Don’t want to print and tape paper together? The Arenal Top pattern now includes an additional large format file (size A0 paper) that you can send to your print shop to print!
Primary Fabric Use light to medium-weight knit fabric with at least 100% horizontal stretch and 30% vertical stretch. Jersey, viscose knit and stretch velvet with some drape and recovery are good choices. If using a fabric with more or less stretch, you may need to choose a smaller or larger size respectively. If using an extremely drapey knit, such as rayon or bamboo knit, you may need to go down a size and possibly stabilize the neckline with knit fusible interfacing. Avoid very structured knits. Do not use woven fabric.
Contrast Fabric Use light to medium-weight knit fabric with similar stretch as the primary fabric. Alternatively, you may also use the primary fabric as contrast.
- 16” (41 cm) of 3/8” or 1/2” (1 cm or 1.25 cm)-wide straight fusible stay tape (or you may cut your own using lightweight woven fusible interfacing on the straight grain)