Belize Shorts and Skort
Brand Itch to Stitch
Whether you are enjoying the great outdoor or lounging in the house this summer, you don’t want to live without the Belize Shorts & Skort pattern. With one pattern, you can create five different styles of shorts and skorts. They all feature elastic waist and medium length in-seam. That’s right; no zipper and no buttons! They are a breeze to sew and leave you enough time to enjoy the gorgeous sunshine.
Belize Shorts & Skort Feature:
- Sits at natural waist
- Relaxed fit
- Elastic side and back waist
- Medium-length in-seam (4 1/2” to 5 3/4”, or 11.4 cm to 14.6 cm)
- View A: Pleated-front shorts with front pockets
- View B: Flat-front shorts with front pockets
- View C: Flat-front shorts with no pocket
- View D: Skort with front pockets and shorts back
- View E: Skort with front pockets and skirt back
- Layers feature (print only the sizes you need)
Skill Level: Beginner+
Sizes: 00 – 20 (See “Size Chart” tab below for detailed measurements)
Don’t want to print and tape paper together? The Belize Shorts & Skort pattern now includes an additional large format file (size A0 paper) that you can send to your print shop to print!
Primary Fabric Use lightweight denim, linen, poplin, twill, crepe and gabardine silk dupioni or other medium weight woven fabric with or without stretch. Use slightly lighter weight fabric for View D and View E.
Lining Use lightweight woven fabric such as twill, broadcloth or quilting cotton.
Interfacing Use lightweight woven or weft-insertion interfacing.
- 1 1/4” (3 cm) wide elastic up to 23 1/4" (59 cm)
- 16” (41 cm) of 3/8” (1 cm)-wide bias fusible stay tape (or cut your own using lightweight interfacing. Be sure to cut it on the bias.)
Most natural fibers shrink in the wash; be sure to have enough fabric. The requirements below assume that the fabric is already pre-shrunk. Due to the width of the pattern pieces, it is not recommended to use 45” (115 cm) wide fabric for sizes 14 to 20.