Little Photographer Camera
Brand Swoodson Says
A PDF sewing pattern for a camera toy including both neck strap and wrist strap options. A small vinyl pocket on the back allows you to slip in pictures for a ‘view-finder’ to use in pretend play. Perfect as:
- a softie for a baby or infant
- a prop for dress-up & imaginative play for an older child
This Little Photographer camera pattern is designed for an intermediate sewist, with real pictures showing you how to sew your camera. You are expected to know how to sew 3-D corners and applique, and be comfortable sewing thin bias tape and small curves. The pattern includes the full tutorial and digitized pattern pieces.
5.5” tall X 8” wide.
- 1/2 yard woven cotton for the camera body (can squeeze on to a fat quarter if very careful)
- Assorted woven scraps for the buttons and accents
- 3” X 3” vinyl scrap for the picture insert (One idea is to save the bedding bags from duvets/pillows and cut one up! You can use a press cloth & low/warm iron to smooth wrinkles.)
- 14” of single fold bias tape
- Coordinating thread
- Sewing machine
- Hand sewing needle
- 1 bag Poly-fill or other stuffing
- (neck strap option) 4 inches of Velcro
- Wonder Under or other fusible transfer paper (optional) for applique
This is a PDF sewing pattern, that you download and print yourself, not a finished object/item.