Dragon Soft Toy
Brand Crafty Kooka
Dragon Sewing Pattern, sew your own soft toy. Make your little one their very own dragon,
Finished size is approximately 41cm (16”)
European dragons exist in folklore and mythology among the overlapping cultures of Europe. Dragons are generally depicted as living in rivers or having an underground lair or cave.
• Full size pattern (no scaling required) with seam allowance already added
• Over 60 highly detailed colored illustrations
• Easy to follow, step by step instructions
• A list of materials required
• Bonus: pdf file with Hints and tips for making soft toys
With our step-by-step instructions, you can tackle this project with confidence. The dragon might take a bit longer to make than our other soft toys, because of the extra bits like wings and spikes, but if you are familiar with your sewing machine and made a few projects already, you will be just fine. We are always available via email in case of any questions!
This dragon was designed with safety in mind, all parts are machine sewn (wings, arms, horns, feet, head...) you will just need to hand stitch it closed - detailed illustrations of how to do this already included.
We used pure wool felt, but this pattern was designed to be flexible and will work with cotton, jersey, fleece, minky, denim, baby clothes (make your own memory dragon!). Be as creative as you like.
You will need:
- sewing machine
- toy stuffing
- embroidery thread or safety eyes (we use quite large 22mm eyes)
- doll needle Approx, 10cm (4”)
- felt for the back spikes 39cm x 6cm (15.5”x2.5”)
- a small piece of wadding (or batting) for the tail : 10cm x 10 cm (4x4”)
- interface: stiff interface or similar, like Decovil, to make the wings: 20 x 30 cm (8”x12”)
- Fabric: 1 yard of cotton (typically 44” x 36“) OR if using wool felt 50cm x182 cm (20x72”). The fabric needs to be 45cm across (18”) minimum for the back panel. We used wool felt, but cotton, plush, minky etc. would work too.
Crafty Kooka is an authentic cottage industry. All our indie sewing patterns are completely unique. We design and test all our own patterns in our workshop in rural Ireland.
Skill level: confident beginner / intermediate
Terms and Conditions of use
Small scale Cottage Industry Crafters are very welcome make and to re-sell the finished soft toy,
if you follow the terms and conditions: 1- Each individual person making a Crafty Kooka soft toy should buy their own pattern. 2- You give credit to Craft Kooka, if online (via facebook, Etsy, Instagram, your own website or any other online media). Provide a link to our shop and the sewing pattern. For sales in person, please add to your label or tags that product was made with a Crafty Kooka pattern. 3 -The sewing pattern cannot be shared, re-sold or forwarded to anyone or reproduced in any way.