Brand SeamstressErin Designs
The Electron Layette is so named because it’s a current take on a baby layette – modern, full of personality, and gender-neutral. Drop-crotch (or harem) pants easily fit over both disposable and cloth diapers. The cardigan sweatshirt has little pockets for little hands (or just a little decoration) and makes an outer layer that’s easy to pair with any outfit. The knotted hat adds just a bit more warmth and attitude. The drool bib can be made out of knit or woven fabrics with an optional waterproof layer for an accessory that is both stylish and functional. All layette pieces are constructed in a simple manner for quick and satisfying sewing for all experience levels.
- Pants & Hat: Stretch knits with at least 30% stretch.
- Bib: Lightweight knits or wovens with or without stretch such as jersey, broadcloath, voile, and double gauze. Cotton recommended.
- Sweatshirt: Midweight knits with minimal stretch (<20%) such as terrycloth, ponte or sweatshirting.
- Bib: 3/4” x 3/4” (19 mm x 19 mm) square velcro, scrap of fusible interfacing
- Pants: 5/8 yd (.5 m) of 3/4” (19 mm) elastic
- Sweatshirt: 3 (newborn – 6 months) or 4 (9 months – 2 years) size 14 or 16 snaps, 1/2 yd (.4 m) fusible interfacing.