Brand Itch to Stitch
The Gobi Culottes are unique and a lovely addition to your wardrobe. Made to look like a skirt, but with the convenience of pants, the Gobi has a contour waistband that sits high at your natural waist. The buttoned fly front adds interest, and you can also lengthen the legs to create a longer pair for the fall! The Gobi will surely set you apart from run-of-the-mill styles!
Gobi Culottes Features:
- High-rise contour waistband
- Buttoned fly front and waistband
- Front pleats with topstitching
- Slanted front pockets
- Back seams for shaping
- Can be lengthened or shortened per personal preference
Skill Level: Intermediate+
Sizes: 00 – 20
Don’t want to print and tape paper together? The Gobi Culottes pattern now includes an additional large format file (size A0 paper) that you can send to your print shop to print!
Primary Fabric Use medium weight, non-stretch woven fabric, such as twill, broadcloth, tropical wool, lightweight denim and linen.
Lining Use stable, lightweight woven fabric such as quilting cotton and cotton batiste. The lining is for the pocket bags.
Interfacing Use medium weight fusible woven or weft insertion interfacing.
- Seven (7) 1/2“ (1.25 cm) buttons— These can be jean buttons or regular sewn-on buttons.
- 1/4“ (6 mm) wide twill tape as long as your waist, plus 3“ (7.6 cm). You can also cut your own from non-stretch, lightweight fabric selvedge
- 15” (38 cm) of 3/8“ (1 cm) wide straight fusible stay tape (or make your own using lightweight woven fusible interfacing cut on straight grain)
- 1" (2.5 cm) wide purchased bias binding as long as the circumference of your hip (or make your own)