Brand Itch to Stitch
Between the slim waist and pleats, the stylish Paro Cardigan accentuates your femininity. You can choose to let the front drape open for a carefree look, or button it closed for a dressy look. You can even use a contrast fabric for the waistband and the band to create a unique style. Whatever you decide, it will provide you unstoppable chic and comfort.
Paro Cardigan Features:
- Long bodice with a defined waist
- Pleated front and back with a flared bottom
- Hem hits below hips
- Long sleeves
- Optional button closure
- Option to use a contrast fabric for the waistband and band
- Layers feature (print only the sizes you need)
Skill Level: Intermediate
Sizes: 00 – 20 (See “Size Chart” tab below for detailed measurements)
Don’t want to print and tape paper together? The Paro Cardigan pattern now includes an additional large format file (size A0 paper) that you can send to your print shop to print!
Primary Fabric Use medium-weight knit fabric with 10% to 25% stretch as well as great drape and recovery. Sweater knit and jersey are great choices. Choose a size smaller if your fabric has more than 25% stretch.
Contrast Fabric Optionally, you can use a contrast fabric for the waistband and band. Choose a fabric similar in weight and stretch as the primary fabric. A contrast fabric is not necessary if you want to use only one fabric for the garment.
Interfacing Four (4) pieces of 2” x 2” (5 cm x 5 cm) lightweight knit or tricot fusible interfacing if a button is used. No pattern pieces are available.
- 12” (30 cm) of 3/8” or 1/2” (1 cm or 1.25 cm)-wide straight fusible stay tape (or you may cut your own using light-weight woven fusible interfacing on the straight grain)
- One (1) 1” (2.5 cm) button (optional)