Brand Itch to Stitch
The Samara Pants are not just on trend, these wide-leg, breezy pants also offer you ultra comfort with an understated elegant look. The Samara pants are high-waisted and provide an elongated effect. The side invisible zipper is discrete, so it does not interrupt the overall clean look. Though the Samara is designed to be long with a maxi skirt feel, you are welcome to hem them at floor length, ankle length, three-quarter length, knee length, or any length you wish.
Samara Pants Features:
- Wide legs that flare from hip down
- Straight waistband sits on narrowest part of waist
- Back waist darts for shaping
- Side invisible zipper closure
Skill Level: Beginner+
Sizes: 00 – 20 (See “Size Chart” for detailed measurements)
Don’t want to print and tape paper together? The Samara Pants pattern now includes an additional large format file (size A0 paper) that you can send to your print shop to print!
Primary Fabric Use lightweight, opaque woven fabric with good drape. Rayon challis, rayon twill, crepe, Tencel twill and charmeuse are great choices.
Interfacing Use lightweight to medium weight fusible woven or weft insertion interfacing.
- One 8” (20 cm) or longer invisible zipper (longer zipper will be easier to install)
- 16” (40 cm) of 1/2” (1.25 cm)-wide straight fusible stay tape (or cut your own using light-weight woven fusible interfacing on the straight grain)
- One set of size 1 hook and eye