Brand Itch to Stitch
The Vientiane Skirt can’t wait to pair with your favorite shirt or sweater. Go ahead — twist and twirl to your heart’s content in this A-line skirt with playful flounces. The Vientiane Skirt comes with an in-seam pocket option and a pleated patch pocket option, as well as an option to line or not line your skirt. You can even shorten the skirt to make a mini skirt, or lengthen it to make a midi skirt!
Vientiane Skirt Features:
- A-line skirt that flatters many body types
- Front and back flounces for a flirty style
- Wide contour waistband that sits at the natural waist for comfort
- Back invisible zipper for a streamlined look
- Option for side in-seam pockets or pleated patch pockets with flaps
- Option for lining or not lining the skirt
- Layers feature (print only the sizes you need)
Skill Level: Intermediate+
Sizes: 00 – 20 (See “Size Chart” tab below for detailed measurements)
Don’t want to print and tape paper together? The Vientiane Skirt pattern now includes an additional large format file (size A0 paper) that you can send to your print shop to print!
Primary Fabric Use medium-weight woven fabric with or without stretch. Woolen, broadcloth, linen, crepe, lightweight denim and gabardine are good choices.
Lining Use cotton batiste, cotton lawn, Ambiance lining, polyester lining are good choices. Lining fabric is still needed for the pockets even if you choose to not line the skirt.
Interfacing Use light-to-medium weight fusible woven or weft insertion interfacing.
- One (1) 12” (30 cm) invisible zipper
- One set of size 1 hook and eye
- 12” (31 cm) of 3/8” or 1/2” (1 cm or 1.25 cm)-wide straight fusible stay tape
- 1/8” (0.3 cm)-wide twill tape or fabric selvage as long as your waist (or your desired waist length)
- In-seam pockets only: 24” (61 cm) of 3/8” or 1/2” (1 cm or 1.25 cm)-wide straight fusible stay tape
- Patch pockets only: two (2) 1/2” (1.25 cm) buttons