Vivienne Dress (Girls)
Brand Frocks & Frolics
Our Vivienne dress is the most gorgeous dress and has so many options it’s a dress that you won’t want to miss out on.
With a little help from our digital PDF sewing pattern with easy to follow step-by-step video and photo tutorials you be sure to make quite a few of these awesome stunners.
The Vivienne dress is fitted with princess seam panels at the bodice, flowing into a flattering circle or box pleated slimmer cut skirt. It features a vintage Peter Pan collar, feature tabs with oversized decorative buttons and closes with an invisible zip at the back. Choose from sleeveless or three quarter length sleeves, knee length, short or peplum length. If you are a Frocks & Frolics addict already you probably have a pattern with my cute short sleeves. Pssst … they fit here too.
This dress can go over a jumper as a casual school dress or be worn as a stunning flower girl dress. Whatever fabric you choose the video and photo tutorials have you covered. Just scroll down and start watching, you won’t be able to stop yourself making not one but a whole wardrobe of Vivienne dresses for your girl.
This pattern is so special because it includes a variety of sizes, twenty altogether, in slim fit or regular so you are sure to find just the right size.
You’ll receive an email immediately after purchase with a link to download PDF files of the pattern and instructions, which you can print at home on either A4 or US Letter paper. When choosing the pattern make sure you tick which format you need. In the US and Canada choose US letter size which is wider and shorter than A4 paper. Everywhere else opt for A4 paper format.
SKILL LEVEL: Stylish and adventures hobby sewists.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: Light- to medium-weight fabrics, plain weave cotton silk Dupion, cotton sateen with a little stretch, chambray or denim, double knit with little stretch, lighter weight wool.
- Fabric – depending on the skirt you choose you need between 1 m for the smaller sizes 2.5 m for a larger dress with sleeved bodice and circle skirt. Exact requirements are included in the E-Book and the photo gallery
- Matching thread
- 40 cm (16 inches) invisible zip
- 30 m (1/4 yard) iron-on interfacing – light weight
- 2 decorative buttons for the tabs
- Sewing machine and basic tools, including an invisible zipper foot
- Introduction to the Pattern
- Fully lines sleeveless dress with a circle skirt
- ¾ length sleeves with cuffs, gathered skirt and ruffle petticoat
- Bubble hem, capped sleeves, fully lined
- Unlined denim dress, sleeveless with Peter Pan collar
- How to insert the Box Pleats
- How to adapt the Vivienne to knitted Fabric using a heavier Jaquard knit
- How to adapt the Vivienne to knitted Fabric using a light Jersey