Vivienne Dress (Teens)
Brand Frocks & Frolics
Sew a lovely Vivienne dress with help from this digital PDF sewing pattern and step-by-step video and photo tutorials.
The Vivienne teen dress is fitted with princess seam panels at the bodice, flowing into a flattering circle skirt. It features a vintage Peter Pan or asymmetrical collar and closes with an invisible zip at the back. Choose from short sleeves, cap sleeves or three quarter length sleeves, either knee length, short or peplum length.
Vivienne is a real all-rounder and can be worn in the office as well as to an ‘über’ posh party!
Like all Frocks & Frolics sewing patterns, the Vivienne includes easy-to-follow instructions with photos showing you how to sew each step plus the signature video tutorials. For this dress there are 12. Yes you heard right, 12 videos covering every possible way you might want to style this beautiful stunner of a dress. Just scroll down and start watching, you won’t be able to stop yourself making not one but a whole wardrobe of Vivienne dresses.
This pattern is so special because it includes a variety of bust sizes from fairly flat chested to DD. Like children’s patterns it still goes by height, which is unusual but a winner for all of us smaller ladies.
You’ll receive an email immediately after purchase with a link to download PDF files of the pattern and instructions, which you can print at home on either A4 or US Letter paper. When choosing the pattern make sure you tick which format you need. In the US and Canada choose US letter size which is wider and shorter than A4 paper. Everywhere else opt for A4 paper format.
SKILL LEVEL: Stylish and adventures hobby sewists.
Sizes: Teen Size 14-20 / Ladies XS-L
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: Light- to medium-weight fabrics, plain weave cotton silk or polyester crêpe de chine, cotton sateen with a little stretch, chambray, double knit with little stretch, lighter weight wool.
- Fabric – depending on the skirt you choose you need between 1.50 for a pleated skirt with sleeveless bodice and 3.5 m for a sleeved bodice with circle skirt. Exact requirements are included in the E-Book.
- Matching thread
- 54 cm (21in) invisible zip
- 30 m (1/4 yard) iron-on interfacing – light weight
- For the asymmetrical collar: 1 decorative button
- Sewing machine and basic tools, including an invisible zipper foot
- Introduction to the Pattern
- Bust Adjustment
- Dress with Sleeves and Asymmetrical Collar
- Spanish inspired dress in silk with boning
- Working with a mesh fabric, fully lined and interlined.
- How to pleat the Box Pleats of the Vivienne Skirt
- How to sew and insert a short Sleeve
- How to sew and insert a Cap Sleeve
- How to sew the integrated cuff
- How to sew a piped Neckline
- How to insert easy side Pockets